Saturday, March 16, 2013

Skyfall

Skyfall (2012) starring Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Judi Dench. Agent 007 (Craig) is back in action, with bad guy Bardem trying to get even with M (Dench) for giving him up to the enemy years earlier in a spy-world maneuver. The movie builds gradually, with plenty of action throughout, up to a rip-roaring finale at Bond's boyhood home, Skyfall. The series has been freshened up a bit, with the villain's main method becoming computer hacking, but otherwise there's nothing terribly new -- it's just 007 for a younger generation, and I suppose it works within those parameters. I certainly felt that I had gotten plenty o' entertainment for my buck. My only cavil is that Craig just doesn't seem like the best choice of actors to play James Bond. He seems too small and blond. But that's a minor complaint. (The disc offers subtitles for the hearing-impaired, as well as closed captions.) Grade: B+ 

No comments: