Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sunshine (DVD)

Sunshine (2007) starring Cillian Murphy, Michelle Yeoh. It's 50 years in the future, and the sun is dying out. A group of astronauts is sent on a last-ditch effort to re-ignite the sun with something called a "stellar bomb." But they get sidetracked when they detect the distress signal of the space ship that went before them on a similar, failed mission. They decide to divert their mission to check out the other ship. Big mistake. At the very least, I hope when I view a movie that it will entertain me. This one did not, for most of its running time I was just bored. The special effects might have been more impressive in a movie theater, but on the home screen they just didn't shine. Then, about a half hour before the end, the movie takes an unnecessary and totally unbelievable turn into space-monster territory. I found it deplorable. Grade: D

No comments: