Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Derailed (DVD)

Derailed (2005) starring Clive Owen, Jennifer Aniston, Vincent Cassel. Let me start by saying I'm glad I didn't pay box-office fare to see this movie. But let me add that, trashy though it is, I still kind of enjoyed it. Owen and Aniston play a man and women who start an affair but end up getting mugged, beaten up and raped. The story has a twist that, no, I did not see coming, and then another twist near the end. They both worked on me, but as the cliche goes, the devil is in the details -- and this movie is soooo bad when it comes to details. Probably at the top of the list is believability -- which it totally lacks. The villain is so evil that he comes across as something out of a horror movie rather than a thriller. I can't recommend this movie, but some viewers will find that they like it in spite of its flaws. Grade: C+

No comments: